This is my first post of what I anticipate to be many more to come. I plan to use this blog to document my road to recovery...at least I hope it's to recovery. It's been 5 days now since I discovered that I had lost close to $200K of my hard-earned money in what appears to be a ponzi scam run by Razor FX, a so-called investment firm based out of New York. Early reports claim the scheme bilked close to $68 million out of hundreds of investors so I know I am not alone in my suffering.
I hope that over time this blog will morph into one of the millions of other blogs filled with witty renditions of the lives of ordinary Americans, as I get my life back on track, but I expect the first few months may be considered quite depressing to a number of readers.
In the end I am determined not to let this destroy me. I am dedicated to proving to my family that we can survive this and get on with our lives. It will be a tough ride, but with the help of friends and family, we can all get through this together.
Please follow along with me on my journey.
Regards,
The Foolish Investor
Saturday, January 19, 2008
5 Days of Hell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
I feel for you and everyone else affected by these scum. I cant believe it has been going on for 7 years.
I had >$360K invested in Horizon and have probably lost all of it. I just hope there are some assets left to distribute to us unfortunate victims...
Hey mikebr24,
I hope that you are hanging in there. I expect that this has been a life changing event for everyone involved but i do worry with how people are coping with it. I plan to update my blog tomorrow with the information I was able to obtain during a call I had with one of the lead prosecutors on the case. Hopefully we may get something back when this is all over...but how much is a much harder question. For my own sanity I have essentially written off my investment and am concentrating on doing what it takes to rebuild. I hope you tune in tomorrow for the next post
Post a Comment