Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Crime and Punishment in the digital age

Sometimes, I scour the message boards in an attempt to glean any new information about the case. I came across this very active thread responding to an article found in a local NY rag. Going through the threads it appears that there are a number of individuals who claim to know the defendants, or are related to the defendants and there’s even one or two people who claim to be Bradley D Eisner himself. Now, although there isn’t much useful information found within the 200+ posts, it did cause me to pause and think about how many people these 2 con artists have affected with their actions. By all accounts there are over 1000 investors that are obviously affected by this, but I was thinking more of Mr. Eisner’s family (apparently he has two small boys) and Mr. MacCaull’s family. These guys have no idea who they ripped off. I am just one investor that poses no threat whatsoever, however it sounds like some people or groups have lost upwards from $6 million to $20 million. Anyone losing that kind of money has to be a lot more angry than me, and likely with a lot more resources as well. The trouble is that in this digital age, nobody is anonymous. I did a quick search for both of these alleged crooks and easily found names of their closest relatives (around 7 each), all of their home addresses and phone numbers. This would scare the crap out of me if I was them…or related to them.

Now, my point here is NOT to incite retribution on these people, they are likely just innocent victims like the rest of us, but perhaps this can serve as a warning to anybody out there perhaps planning to perpetrate a similar act of fraud…you are not invisible. Everything you own and everybody you know can be easily traced with a click of the button. Before you decide to try and make an easy buck, step back and think about all of the consequences if you get caught…and you always get caught. Aside from the penal system, you will be destroying the lives of all your loved ones, not to mention the lives of all your victims. Society puts a strong value on money today, and very few people can forgive and forget when someone steals from them. The urge for revenge may resonate strongly throughout the victim community and the end result will be that everyone you know will have to live in fear for a very long time.

If this isn’t convincing enough, and you still feel an urge to steal other people’s money, then just don’t pay your taxes for a couple of years. The end result is the same…you still get to be caught and sent to prison to become Bubba’s love pillow, but at least your family will not be endangered and you won’t likely destroy the lives of others with your crimes.

Anyway, that’s all I could muster for a public service address, but I hope to be back a little later today with another update.

Onwards and upwards,

TFI

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

During the difficult times it's nice to see someone taking the time to assist with getting all the relevant information out there. I recently invested in Razor FX this past October with glowing reports from friends about healthy profits. I hope long with everyone ese we are successful in getting back some of our hard earned money. The more information i have really helps. Thank you

TFI said...

Thanks James. Keep your chin up, there's a family of us in this together. i will do my best to let everyone know what I know when I know it. This has been a helpful outlet for me to get through the turmoil ahead.

Anonymous said...

The night before the news broke out, I decided to send an email to Horizon Fx telling them that I wanted to make a full withdrawal of my investment, but the reply I received was a bad news instead. I planned to do it a week before because I was so excited to start my newly found small business. I was going to use that as a capital in order to start my venture and a new life for my family. I even made a promise to my wife that she will not be working anymore and will just take good care of my kid.
My investment was very small compared to others but it was my life, it meant a lot to me, it was enough to start a new life for my family. Now, like you and other people suffering as a result of this, I am at a lost but still have high hopes that at least part of my money will be given back to me.
Thanks for your blog, it helps a lot of people emotionally!

Anonymous said...

Thanks in advance for reading my post: I am so sorry that you have all been violated this way. I have so much compassion for every word that I read. I invested in Razor this time last year. I am one of 46 people that invested through a company which invested in razor. The whole portfolio was just over 2 million. My mother, brother and I alone lost 150,000 to Bradley Eisner and Michael Richard Maccaull. This was our WHOLE savings...every last penny. Maybe it was stupid of me to invest in the forex market but I thought that with the research I did and with a stop/loss in place, My family and I would be protected. I didn't realize that the devil himself was the CEO of razor. I mean, had I known that, I probably wouldn't have invested. Not an hour goes by that I don't think of my parents 65 years old still working full time with no retirement in sight now. I can't believe that I had them invest in this company. I feel financially and emotional raped. When I called my parents to share the "news" that ALL of their money was stolen I couldn't control my tears. They were actually relieved when I finally got ther words out because they thought somebody was hurt or worse had died. I'll tell ya, I have learned so much about my parents charecter AND faith during this time. Thier Faith that all will be o.k. and that God is in control has blown my mind. THEY LOST THEIR SAVINGS!! I am trying to move on but I am *^@ing angry. I want everyone to know that you are in my thoughts. Thanks for all the info. If I have or hear any news that's not already been posted, I will give a shout out. M-

Anonymous said...

I hope these scumbags be punished in full. Likely they have transferred some of our money to an off-shore account. Gem Ali, the owner of HFX, always claimed close family ties with the secretive trader (RazorFX) and had collected more than 20mil (or 32mil) for RazorFX. I also heard HFX was collecting trade comissions as much as hundreds of thousands weekly. these bastards will walk away after a short jail time. yet we will haunted for a very long time.